I'm changing Fridays up a little bit around these parts. I hope you enjoy!
Five things I loved this week:
1. As I've mention ten bazillion times, I'm making ALL of my Christmas presents this year except for two. I started last Friday. So, hey caffeine and late nights! It has been fun though- searching for the right color and pattern or craft for each person! The pattern above is from Aesthetic Nest . I altered the pattern a little bit because my mom wanted a “regular scarf” versus a cowl.
2. I was inspired by Little Bit Funky to take the half finished hoop I had and turn it into a cardholder. Now I just need some Christmas cards…hint hint. Haha.
3. Fun secret Santa packages are the best! Especially when they include a gift for Clay!
4. Clay had his 15 month checkup on Wednesday and the doctor proclaimed it the best checkup Clay had ever had! No fluid in his ears, no wheezing, weight staying up and consistent. Happy mama right here.
5. I've already shared this but it just makes me so happy I had to share again! I might be in love with our Christmas tree this year.
Five posts I liked this week:
I Should Have Been an Electrician by Karly Kim (because this is something I would do…)
Three Gifts and Why I Love It by Jeannette at Life Rearranged (implementing this idea! Clay has way too much stuff!)
Christmas Sugar Cutouts by Desiree at Macke Monologues (I've been searching for a great sugar cookie recipe forever!)
Readers vs Followers by Kelli at She Crab Soup (something every blogger should think about!)
Confession: I Did Not Enjoy My Wedding by Kate at The Florkens (if I ever get married, this is why I would consider eloping)
What I wrote about this week:
Phew. (a Thanksgiving weekend recap)
5 things to love about winter (my attempt at not being so bah humbug)
The Story of Us (the first part of the story of our unconventional life)
What was your favorite post that you read this week?